This blog came about after a rather eye-opening review of my finances. It focuses on eating a healthy amount of fruits and vegetables while on a tight budget. It's a blend of both US and UK dietary guidelines. My personal goal is to eat 10 servings (5 cups) of fruits and veggies on an average of $10 a day despite living in San Francisco, one of the most expensive cities in the US. I happen to be vegetarian, but much of what I do will be applicable for anyone on a budget.
The $10 encompasses food and entertainment. It doesn't include monthly recurring items like rent, utilities, or credit card payments, which were included in the overall budget that helped determine the $10/day amount.
Frozen veggies will be more common than fresh on this blog, as the bulk quantities purchased from farmer’s markets tend to go bad before I can eat it all. You’ll see cheap ramen (gasp) on occasion. Food combinations that might seem weird will definitely be featured. $10 a day is not a lot for San Francisco, so compromises and creativity will be needed. However, my wallet (& my waist) will thank me later!
Feel free to share any tips!
Thursday, August 3, 2017
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Indian Buffet
Went to an Indian buffet with coworkers for lunch. Had two heaping plates of veggie dishes so along with the two bananas I had, I'm gue...
-
Textured vegetable protein (TVP) is a super affordable source of protein. I buy Bob's Red Mill brand on Amazon in bulk. The batch I pur...
-
I have a weakness for Chinese takeout. When the craving strikes, the greasier and saltier, the better! Unfortunately, cheap Chinese takeout...
-
Bananas were on sale at Trader Joe's for 19 cents each! That's the cheapest fruit I've seen available in SF outside of farmer...
Excuse me but are you tommy roddy?
ReplyDelete